Most mammals ingest their placenta after birth. Here are some benefits:
• Increased effectiveness of mother-infant bonding
• Reduction of postpartum hemorrhage
• Replenishment of mother’s nutrients
• Reduction of symptoms associated with postpartum depression
• Reduction of the mother’s pain after childbirth
Your placenta can be prepared in capsules and/or raw to use in cooked food or smoothies. The cost is $350. It is recommended that you book placenta preparation by your 36th week of pregnancy. Preparation of the placenta is a time-intensive and mindful event, so I only accept two encapsulation clients per month.